I'm graduating. From College. It's a big
deal. I'm excited.
As I look back on the last four years of my life, I find that I have had the most amazing college experience. It's so cliche, but I really feel like I've experienced so much life in such a short amount of time! I've only ever had awesome roommates, even when I went potluck my freshman year, thank you Jesus! No crazies for me. Or maybe I'm the crazy one. I've loved BOTH of my majors and learned tons from each. For example, I kind of know how to draw AND I'm a professional listener! I'm graduating in only 4 years, which is a rarity among many of my friends. I have many friends that I didn't go to high school with, but also some very close friends that I did go to high school with, which is a plus. I've paid rent checks and utility bills, even a few ($250) parking tickets. I buy my own groceries and make my own food......when my roommates aren't around to cook. I've been blessed to receive scholarships that cover all of my college tuition and expenses. WHICH IS HUGE! Seriously, I should probably spend some time just telling the whole world how blessed I am to have NO college debt. God has been good, as always.
I'm super pumped about never having to write about something I don't want to write about, reading something I don't necessarily want to read. EVER AGAIN. Taking tests, going to finals, "group" projects, studying, procrastinating, stressing because I've procrastinated... it is finished. Praise the Lord.
I'm also excited about what the future holds. In case anyone is wondering, I am, in fact, making plans for the future. Surprise! If you know me at all, you'll know I'm a planner. So, it would be totally out of my character to be like, "Sweet, dude, I'm graduating! Uh, like, what's next?" I probably wouldn't go as far to say that I have "plans", but rather hopes for the future. Unless God slams a revolving door in my face and opens an escape hatch that leads through a magical alternative wonderland.....this is what's up for the next few years of my life.
God has placed a vision and a dream on my
heart.
NEXT year - May 12, 2012 at 12:00AM until July 2013
- I hope to find a part-time job to cover rent and expenses.
- I hope to work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries, lead a small group, help teach a Sunday school class for international students and their families, teach the little girl's in my church class about how much the Lord loves them....stuff like that.
- I hope to raise support for the work that I will hopefully be blessed to be a part of.
- I hope to read a stack of books as tall as I am.
- I hope to grow in my faith, relationships with friends and family, and my walk with the Lord daily.
The NEXT two years - July 2013 until July 2015
- I hope to work with a family to implement children's programs in the region where they currently serve.
So, needless to say, there are some hopeful plans being made on my end. I've picked up my honor chords, ordered my cap and gown, mailed out graduation announcements, applied for a few jobs, and I'm freaking out with excitement. My internship wrapped up last Friday at approximately lunchtime, so my first plan of action was to grab a bite to eat, do a little happy dance (maybe throw in a running man for good measure), and then take a nap (no surprise to my roommates).
Life since that noon hour has only increased
in awesomeness. I'll definitely be posting more about my plans for the future, but for now, as nothing is official, I feel that this is sufficient!
Please keep me in your prayers as plans for my future are finalized (or completely altered).
Just to fill your heart with cheer, here's
one of my favorite dance moves. Check it.
No comments:
Post a Comment