02 July 2011

bee-tee-dubs

Oh, by the way…..

That summer to do list that I made a bit back? Here’s the update!

Read: The Cost of Discipleship
Read: Passion for the Heart of God------next on my list! I will finish this!
Kayaking adventure-----it’s SOOOOO gonna happen
Konza hiking
Go to Denver to see my FRIENDS!-------not this summer L
Make a recipe book….and cook everything in it.
Swim at the Nat------I refuse to pay for a summer membership.
Read: Tale of Three Kings-----done! Great book, and it only took a few hours. Maybe a blog on this later? Check it out!
Laying in the sun by the pond------yeppers
Ride my bike to faraway lands
Paint 4 blank canvases
Read: C.S. Lewis
Blog once a week-----you do the math.
Sew a quilt (maybe by hand….eh)-----starting it! Definitely NOT happening by hand though. Pshhhh, yeah, right. HA.
Bike/walk/run the linear trail
Learn how to play nerts!-----I now have 4 decks of cards! Sooo, the more the merrier!
Read: Orthodoxy
Have “for real” conversations with AMAZING friends------I need more of these. I feel like they are lacking due to minimal “for real” time spent with friends…….Still on the list! For the rest of my life!
Read: Love and Logic
Give clothes and junk away, minimize my belongings -----YES! Some, but not enough. Still working on it.
Spontaneous roadtrip…anywhere.
Get a passport, just in case-----OOOOH! I forgot about this one! Before August. Fo sho.
Gain some MUSCLE-----working on it!
Hang out with my summer STARS------every week!
Read: through the New Testament------surely, surely.
Grow a plant from a seed and keep it alive------Fail. IDK what I did wrong! I think I have a tendency to overwater…..
Listen to good/new music------YES! Just went to a Wailin’ Jennys concert with my friends last night. Pleasantly impressed!
Exercise! Every. Single. Day. ------Uhhh every other day? I’m definitely getting better on this! Workout DVD on MWF and RUNNING with the girls on Tues and Thurs. Accountability, people! It helps sooo much!
Play tennis, become a champ-----Shoot, I’m already awesome.
Read: Desiring God by John Piper
Keep a fish alive all summer (the same fish all summer, not multiple fish)----- SO, I just realized that I murdered a friend’s fish…..and I’m thinking it’s too early for one of my own. What’s crazier than killing my friend’s fish? I didn’t even notice until all traces of the remains were completely gone in the tank. Like disintegrated or eaten…..I can’t keep anything alive! What’s wrong with me!?
Shop at thrift stores for awesome bargains and cool stuff
Make a cherry pie with real cherries----I need less sugar in my life, this might be scratched from the list.
Make delicious smoothies-----I no longer have a blender in my life. This makes smoothie making much more difficult.
Research and visit graduate schools ----- Let’s just say I’m considering my options….
Email missions organizations…look into it
Take philosophy from a community college, because I have to----- This is happening, because….I have to.
Work at my amazing job----LOVE IT!
Make friendship bracelets with a friend-----done and DONE! Royal Family Kids Camp friends make the best friendship bracelets
Relearn how to knit! ----- dodged a bullet here, gave my knitting needles away to a friend!
Organize…my life.

I’m pleased with my list progress! But, the best things in life come from God…and those can never be preplanned. So, needless to say, God’s got greater plans for me than I have for myself, and I’m blessed to bask in His presence……It’s the little things I love the most, like toddlers playing in sand boxes, spilling a full plate of freshly baked cookies on the ground and laughing about it, or accidentally discovering beautiful childhood memories……it’s been a great and BLESSED summer!









No comments: