20 April 2011

Jesus > me

Sometimes I feel so lost. So lonely. So unwanted. So hopeless. So unattractive. So tired. So unloved. So separated. So unfaithful. Like a sinner. Like such a failure. No direction.

But then I think of You. Of your promise. Of your love. How my entire life has been a story, written by you. I’m reminded of my worth in your eyes, far more than any sparrows. God, if I only seek your face I will find you. That you may be the author of my story. That I wouldn’t take up the pen in hand and write my own life, according to my will. God, that my life, my purpose, my wholeness, my brokenness would be according to Your will. Your good and perfect will.

Hebrews 12:1-3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

May there be less of me and more of You. Less lost, more found. Because in your presence, God, I feel beautiful, surrounded, longed for, purposeful, alive, loved, connected, believed in, forgiven. Like I have a future. Like I’m rising into the reason you have created this life for me.

John 3:30 He must become greater, I must become less.

Amen and amen. Blessings.


No comments: